In accordance with governance approved by the 2017 General Assembly, the Board of General Superintendents appointed a new board of directors for The Foundry Publishing. The new board, which convened for the first time 5-7 May at The Foundry Publishing offices in Kansas City, Missouri, replaces the interim board named in 2014.
“The Church of the Nazarene is indebted to the interim board for the excellent work they have done to restore the publishing house to a position of stability,” said Gustavo Crocker, Board of General Superintendents chair.
The interim board consisted of three members — Chairperson Bob Brower, Vice Chairperson Monte Chitwood, and Secretary Keith Pardue.
The members of the newly elected board include the following:
• Bob Brower, Point Loma Nazarene University president
• David Caldwell, Trevecca Nazarene University vice president of finance and operations
• Fili Chambo, Church of the Nazarene general superintendent
• Monte Chitwood, D.A. Davidson & Co. retired senior vice president and financial advisor
• Keith Cox, Church of the Nazarene general treasurer
• Keith Pardue, Pardue & Associates, PLLC attorney at law
• Cathy Wiens, Olathe Health vice president, quality and compliance
As one of its first official actions, the new board elected the current, BGS-appointed chief executive officer, Mark Brown, as president of the company. Brown has served at The Foundry Publishing in various capacities for 31 years, including 13 years as vice president before he was named interim CEO beginning in 2014. The election of a president was a necessary step under the governance structure established at the 2017 General Assembly.